At our practice we aim to provide our patients with the best quality care available. Our charter is a statement of what you can expect from this practice and what we feel we can expect in return from you.
- All patients will be treated equally. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, gender identity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
- Our premises will be clean and comfortable and have facilites for the disabled and babies.
- All patients will be greeted in a friendly manner and be treated with courtesy by everyone in the practice.
- Strictest confidentiality may be expected.
- Patients will be informed of any delay of more than 20 minutes.
- Patients will be offered advice about how to stay healthy and avoid illness.
- Patients will be referred to a consultant when the doctor feels this is necessary.
- Complaints will be dealt with by our practice manager who will refer complaints to the doctors where appropriate.
- To offer patients an appointment with a healthcare professional within 48 hours.
- To see all patients with genuine urgent problems as soon as possible.
- For all staff in the practice to wear identification badges indicating their name and job title.